So I made it to Gualliguaica and settling in to my rustic apartment! We have no reception here so the only time I will be able to use my phone/internet will be when I’m in Vicuna which will be once a week. On the way to Gualliguaica (Thursday) I got sick. I’m thinking it was something that I ate back in La Serena at this organic place. I only threw up once but the nausea lingered for about two days accompanied by dizzy spells. I was feeling better last night (Friday) when we had our first English class. There was a total of 7 people that showed up. It went very well! One of them knew some English from taking a class in La Serena. He is the first person here in Gualliguaica that we have found to know English. It was kind of nice taking a break form constant Spanish. There is a special education class that meets at the school every Monday and Wednesday so I will be helping the teacher during this time. And then regular classes the rest of the time. Can’t wait to start!!! The students seem eager to learn English and everything about us. I’m sure by now everyone in town knows who we are and where we live. We are living in an apartment in the backyard of a woman named Avelina. She is so sweet and very hospitable. We have our own kitchen with a refrigerator and stove. Me and Rebecca each have out own room and have a living room where they have set up cable TV (Spanish cable TV) hahha. I’m not sure if that room will get much use. I will have to put up pictures later after we get settled in. we played dominos with Avelina and her husband the first night. They are intense domino players. Haha. It was a lot of fun to laugh and play and try to communicate. It’s still very hard to understand the Gualliguaicans but I’m catching on and already starting to mixed my sentences with English and Spanish. They have goats (who just had cabaritas) where they make goat cheese. They also have gallinas which crows and the crack on dawn right outside my window…I’m getting use to it though. One of the town’s people is going to take us to the observatory sometime and teach us how to wind surf on the lake….not until it gets a bit warmer though. It is nice in the sun but there is a strong cool breeze that comes in the afternoon and the nights are cold. I love it!! it has been a nice couple of days here in Gualliguaica! 16 weeks to go! :) miss and love you guys! Thanks for all your prayers!!!!
James 1:3-4 “For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and compete, lacking in nothing.”

Hey fool!!! I'm so proud of you! I'm sorry you got sick! But at least you're getting sick in CHILE!!!! I'm going to be stalking your blog so keep it comin'! :) Miss you!
ReplyDelete