Tuesday, February 24, 2009

just paint...

While in Argentina i had the privilege of meeting a fellow artist, Pablo. I remember it was only about a week into the trip a group of us were waiting in the van outside of a school. Pablo was with us since he became our unofficial translator. I think it was about only the second time talking to him when we were on the subject of, guess what, art; painting; est. He then pulls out a tube of Winsor and Newton and hands it to me. He said
"Use this to paint and glorify God; shine His light"
I must admit i haven't painted much since being back from the trip, not to mention forgetting my new cadmium yellow pale hue that was added to my collection. Good news is I need it for my new Illuminations: Africa project! I cant wait to see how this little tube of paint can help change so many lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment